Forum » Feedback and Ideas

October 21st site update

• acreature schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 14:53

October 21st site update

Hello!

We've just released an update to the Last.fm website. It's a bumper release this week, with a lot of exciting stuff. Here's what's new:

Friends' loved tracks. Hot on the heels of the new friends listening now page comes your friends' loved tracks. You can see what your friends are loving, as well as whether you've heard it or not. You can also see a shorter list on your home page to help keep you up to date with your friends.

A new event moderation interface. Our moderators now have a shiny new tool that will let them deal with event and venue flags more efficiently, as well as deal with the current backlog of flags. You can use the 'flag this event' link on event pages to bring problematic events to a moderator's attention. There's a similar flag option for venues.

XBox 360 comes closer. The gaming news channels have been buzzing with news about the upcoming release in November, and we've been working hard to make sure it all goes smoothly.

Bugfixes. 13 bugs were squished in this release, including display bugs with right-to-left scripts, missing RSS links on the loved tracks page, & broken wiki history pagination.

Bonus feature: new subscriber toys on Playground. If you're a subscriber you can see your listening history as a tube map, a history chart, a collage generator, and many more. Check the blog for more details.

That's it for this update – check back in 2 weeks for the latest developments!

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:11
    Friend's loved tracks page is awesome. I'm glad mods have better tools, because I have flagged many events and venue pages, but nothing have been done! Shouldn't there be like a ticket system, so we can follow our flag and see if it has been "read", and what actions has been done..?

I would also love to have the friend's loved tracks page in "list form", without large artwork so it's easier to get a quick overview

anyway, thanks for the updates

edit: are there also new "buy" links for albums?

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    Bearbeitet von Tecfan am 21. Okt. 2009, 15:27
    • maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:14

Friends loved tracks

So that's why you reduced the space taken by friends listening now ;) That's fine with me, I think I'll find knowing recent loves more interesting.

• acreature schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:33

Re: Friends loved tracks

maz35 said:
    So that's why you reduced the space taken by friends listening now ;) That's fine with me, I think I'll find knowing recent loves more interesting.

That reminds me – based on your feedback we increased the window for your friends to show up on the 'listening now' page, so hopefully those of you who felt it wasn't showing you enough people will be happier.

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:34

Re: Re: Friends loved tracks

acreature said:
    maz35 said:

That reminds me – based on your feedback we increased the window for your friends to show up on the 'listening now' page, so hopefully those of you who felt it wasn't showing you enough people will be happier.

It's a maximum of 10 friends now?

• MightyJay schrieb...
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:39
    acreature said:
    A new event moderation interface. Our moderators now have a shiny new tool that will let them deal with event and venue flags more efficiently, as well as deal with the current backlog of flags. You can use the 'flag this event' link on event pages to bring problematic events to a moderator's attention. There's a similar flag option for venues.

Hurrah! New tools :-D

A note for users that have flagged events/venues recently but weren't able to enter a reason or the correct event/venue, could you please flag the event again if it still hasn't been fixed in a few days, since we can't do anything about these empty flags. (If we don't know to which venue we should move an event for example, it is pretty hard to fix it ;)

Tecfan said:
    I'm glad mods have better tools, because I have flagged many events and venue pages, but nothing have been done! Shouldn't there be like a ticket system, so we can follow our flag and see if it has been "read", and what actions has been done..?

We haven't been able to see the new flags until now, so we couldn't do anything. Hopefully that will all change now :)

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:50

Friends' loved tracks

a nice to have, thanks. I think, the shorter list on the home page should show only the last one of each friend. There are some who love music madly others are very select. It would also be consistent with "friends listening now".

• acreature schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 15:52

Re: Re: Re: Friends loved tracks

Tecfan said:
    It's a maximum of 10 friends now?

The number of friends displayed hasn't changed, but before we only looked for friends that had been listening in the past 3 hours. It's now the past 12 hours.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 16:47

Re: October 21st site update

acreature said:
    You can see what your friends are loving, as well as whether you've heard it or not.!
    If you've heard it, the "In your library (x plays)" link goes to the library homepage - not very useful. Could it go to the relevant track in your libary instead, please?

• Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 16:55

Re: October 21st site update

acreature said:
    XBox 360 comes closer. The gaming news channels have been buzzing with news about the upcoming release in November, and we've been working hard to make sure it all goes smoothly.
    I get the feeling this is probably a question for Microsoft rather than yourselves, but you might know, so here goes...

In this video preview, it's clear that users have to sit through an advertisement before the Last.fm Xbox 360 Player loads.

A lot of questions about that, but the main ones: (1) was this your idea or Microsoft's, and (2) do Last.fm subscribers have to sit through the advert too?

• nova77LF schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 17:35
    @StudleyUK: (1) either that or nothing at all, unfortunately. (2) nope! :)

If you were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, you'd see the proof of elves.
    • Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 18:25
    ack, sorry, just posted in another thread. http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/575131/1#f10850951 Not loving the loved tracks thing, mainly because not all the people who are add me actually are, or want to be, friends. Sometimes I'm just bookmarked. S'alright, my self-esteem's intact.

Not sure if this is a bug, but here I am on my shiny new mac (yayy!) and my sig doesn't look right. The first line wraps over to the second. Didn't do that before in Windows. Unless there's something I need to configure. Probably is. It's the same on the big Dell monitor and the little laptop monitor. So it must be a mac thing. Help?

• Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 18:44
    When will we be able to apply to be the leader of a group without one again? It's been months!

• akrde schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 20:01
    ...tracked!

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 20:54
    could we have different background colors (e.g. bright yellow) for the loved tracks that are new since the last time we visited the new page?

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 23:01
    Babs_05 said:
    ack, sorry, just posted in another thread. http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/575131/1#f10850951 Not loving the loved tracks thing, mainly because not all the people who are add me actually are, or want to be, friends. Sometimes I'm just bookmarked. S'alright, my self-esteem's intact.

Doesn't that mean you have/had the same problem with friends listening now though? You'll be seeing plays by people who aren't really friends on that too. And friend journals in the reading recs would have that problem too.

A filter system would be nice but I don't see the loved track thing being so bad that it shouldn't be there without one. Its one of those things I just think that if its no use to you then you can just ignore it, its unobtrusive. Like I do with the events section...

• rwitte schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Okt. 2009, 23:46
    I just saw 'Friends Loved Tracks' and it is great, thanks!

• Thanks for “Friends loved Tracks”!

• Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 22. Okt. 2009, 10:47
    maz35 said:
    Babs_05 said:

Doesn't that mean you have/had the same problem with friends listening now though? You'll be seeing plays by people who aren't really friends on that too. And friend journals in the reading recs would have that problem too.

A filter system would be nice but I don't see the loved track thing being so bad that it shouldn't be there without one. Its one of those things I just think that if its no use to you then you can just ignore it, its unobtrusive. Like I do with the events section...
    You're right. When we had more 'Friends Listening Now', I used to find my friends by looking at that and clicking on their avatar. Quicker than search sometimes. Now, with only a handful on view, both 'friends listening now' and the other one are pretty much useless to me. 12 is an alright number, but I'm never going to click on 'more'. So that's the end of that. It doesn't matter. These features aren't really designed for long-termers like us, they're all for noobs. I'll find my friends via search (much improved!) and take it from there myself.

• "Friend loved tracks" is great!

• acreature said:

The number of friends displayed hasn't changed, but before we only looked for friends that had been listening in the past 3 hours. It's now the past 12 hours.

Nice. tyvm

• adamzZz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Okt. 2009, 16:29
    I love Friends' Loved Tracks! I've already discovered some amazing tracks by Bonobo and other artists by using it, thank you!

• Friends Loved Tracks is very welcome. What I'd really like would be to make a radio station of it.

• rwitte schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Okt. 2009, 22:45
    Auto_Da_Fe said:
    Friends Loved Tracks is very welcome. What I'd really like would be to make a radio station of it.

+1

• Auto_Da_Fe said:
    Friends Loved Tracks is very welcome. What I'd really like would be to make a radio station of it.

I've been asking for a radio station of friends' (or selected friends') libraries, but this is an even better idea! Maybe even more doable for staff, who knows...

BTW for someone who tends to add friends mostly out of potential musical interest, this is a *really great* new feature, thanks!

EDIT: Just realized I can make a DIY radio out of these tracks by tagging them with the handy button to the side of each one. Time to get busy.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.