Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Maybe the # album play is wrong

• swarmsea schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Apr. 2012, 14:53

Maybe the # album play is wrong

I will try to explain what I'm thinking here.

I sort of think that the # album play is wrong, it doesn't actually show how much times you've listened to an album, but instead it shows how much times you've listened to songs in the album, making it seem that you've listened to it like 1,222 times per say. When in truth, you've listened to a couple of songs in this album (it's an example). I have listened to one song from Madonna's newest album, and in my library it clearly shows that I've listened to that album like 59 something times, when in fact it's just a song. It would make 1 album play count, only if I listened to tracks 1 from 12 for example.

Maybe there's a way to fix it? How hard it would be to make data of an actual album listening?... It's just an idea, it sort of bugs me thinking "wow, you've listened to an album that much?! oh wait a minute...bum!"

• swarmsea schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Apr. 2012, 15:36
    Bump :)

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 17. Apr. 2012, 2:27
    So if, for some reason, I never listen to one track on an album, I will have played the album zero times, even if I've played all the other tracks hundreds of times?

I have to say that I don't support this idea for the site.

However, it wouldn't be difficult for you to do that on your own - it is the smallest number of plays for a single track on an album. You just have to ensure that all of the tracks have played, so it could take a lot of time to get the data correct.

One problem is that album support isn't that good on the site. Track lists are not available for many albums, and there is no way of the site "knowing" when you have completed your total album experience. That may improve when the MuscBrainz imports are complete and album disambiguation is done.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.