Forum » Feedback and Ideas

March 22nd site update

• March 22nd site update

Hi there,

It’s release day here at Last.fm, and we’ve got some new features to share with you.

- Charts can now be filtered by your choice of tag and/or location. See if Japan really loves J-pop, enjoy the most popular Christmas tracks from two years ago in America, or just find the currently hyped experimental artists worldwide.

- In our February 23 release we made changes to your library pages which caused some problems. In response to your feedback (thanks everyone!) we've made some improvements:
    * We’ve done away with the much-disliked "unknown album" and tidied up the layout when a track is scrobbled from more than one album
    * You can now delete individual scrobbles from the library
    * It’s easier to see that a track is loved

- We updated our privacy policy to clarify a few points about how we use cookies. Rest assured: We haven’t moved to the dark side, we just had to add a few more paragraphs to comply with new EU laws.

And there’s the usual round of bug fixing, including a couple of “paint it black” problems in the radio player.

That’s it for now, we hope you have a lovely, sunny day.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Mär. 2012, 17:28
    We updated our privacy policy to clarify a few points about how we use cookies.

© 2012 Last.fm Ltd. All rights reserved. | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy | Updated Feb 11, 2009

First update of that since Feb 11, 2009, am I correct?
    P.S. Date may need changing at the bottom of the page :)

• Maddieman schrieb...
    • Last.fm-Team
    • 22. Mär. 2012, 17:33

“Smart. Beautiful. Last.fm.”

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Mär. 2012, 17:43
    What I meant was this:
    (as well as the one at the bottom of every page next to the CBS graphic)

Your privacy matters
    Updated on: February 11, 2009

20. Effective Date
    This Privacy Policy is effective as of August 2008 and was last updated 20 February, 2012.

http://www.last.fm/legal/privacy

• Maddieman schrieb...
    • Last.fm-Team
    • 22. Mär. 2012, 17:46
    Yeah, thanks for reporting - we're on it. Unfortunately it requires translation for the international versions of the site, so it might not be fixed immediately.

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
  • It's a great relief to see the "unknown albums" have disappeared, that is much appreciated thankyou last.fm! Also I like the fact that now it's easier to delete any specific scrobbles of tracks without trawling through each page.

My only request would be some form of manually adding songs to the correct album for the scrobbles which don't have an album attached to them. But I could see this also leading to manipulation possibly if morons get wind of it! So I understand if it doesn't happen, and once again thanks you have made my day!

• I still liked having the one most listened album in the old library more, but this looks much better, especially with the unknown album gone.

I'm interesting in what determines which albums show up outside the expanded view on the library page because as far as i can tell it's not the most listened, it's not the most recent and it's not alphabetical either.

• rwitte schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 22. Mär. 2012, 22:32
    As usual many thanks for the update.

Today I am having issues with the site under Firefox. Features like interactive search and suggesting spelling connections appear to be going so slowly that they might as well be broken. They work fine from Chrome, so it could be an interaction with a greasemonkey script (I run lot's of them in FF but hardly any in Chrome)

• headey schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 10:24

Re: March 22nd site update

marekventur said:
    ... changes to your library pages which caused some problems. In response to your feedback (thanks everyone!) we've made some improvements:
    * It’s easier to see that a track is loved
    This is much cleaner now. Thanks.

It would be interesting to see what tags someone else has put on a track too.
    http://www.last.fm/user/noiresque/library/music/Depeche+Mode/_/Personal+Jesus
    maybe like the lines on the track page
    Your tags:
    but change it to " noiresque's tags : .... "

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • scarletsong said:
    I'm interesting in what determines which albums show up outside the expanded view on the library page because as far as i can tell it's not the most listened, it's not the most recent and it's not alphabetical either.

Hi Scarletsong, thanks for posting. The most listened album should be at the top of the list but it looks like that's not happening as it should at the moment. We're working on fixing that. Sorry!

• Re: Re: March 22nd site update

headey said:
    It would be interesting to see what tags someone else has put on a track too.
    http://www.last.fm/user/noiresque/library/music/Depeche+Mode/_/Personal+Jesus

Thanks for the suggestion. Our view is that detailed information about the track itself belongs on the track page, not in your library. That's why we've provided a link to the track page.

• I do get the feeling that page-loads are much slower yesterday evening and today. Hope this is not related to the update.

I can't be held responsable for whatever i say
  • Re: March 22nd site update

marekventur said:
    * You can now delete individual scrobbles from the library

I've been waiting for it for a long time. Thank you!

• VanBungle schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 18:30
    Will we ever be given the chance to edit track names/album information? Thanks!

• VanBungle schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 18:31
    Also, I realise this is probably in the wrong thread and has been asked a cajillion times but I'm lazy.

Thanks!

• Couldtryharder said:
    scarletsong said:

Hi Scarletsong, thanks for posting. The most listened album should be at the top of the list but it looks like that's not happening as it should at the moment. We're working on fixing that. Sorry!

Thanks for clearing that up!

• StudleyUK schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 20:51
    In the Library section of user profiles, if you've configured it to show artists from a particular time frame, the link to drill-down to the library is incorrect. It ends up showing you all of your scrobbles, not just the time period you'd expect.

For example, on my profile, clicking the "(43 plays)" link under Of Monsters And Men takes you to this URL, which (despite saying rangetype=1month) actually lists all of my scrobbles for the artist.

Note that clicking the equivalent scrobble-count in the Top Artists section of my profile takes me to this URL which does work - presumably because it additionally includes the timestamp.

• StudleyUK schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 20:53
    VanBungle said:
    Will we ever be given the chance to edit track names/album information? Thanks!
    See this post.

• macekowe schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 22:03
    I think that "unknown album" was great idea, because users could see which track got bad scrobbles. Right now if someone want to delete bad scrobbles, he needs to click on every track in his library to find scobble without albums. We can delete individual scrobbles from the library and if we got "unknown album" clearing our library would be easier.

• DFA1979 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 23. Mär. 2012, 22:12
    I suspect you'll be in a very small minority thinking that it was good to have 'unknown album' displayed there.

• StudleyUK said:
    In the Library section of user profiles, if you've configured it to show artists from a particular time frame, the link to drill-down to the library is incorrect. It ends up showing you all of your scrobbles, not just the time period you'd expect.

For example, on my profile, clicking the "(43 plays)" link under Of Monsters And Men takes you to this URL, which (despite saying rangetype=1month) actually lists all of my scrobbles for the artist.

Note that clicking the equivalent scrobble-count in the Top Artists section of my profile takes me to this URL which does work - presumably because it additionally includes the timestamp.

Yes, and it only happens with the 1 month time frame, the other ones are ok.

macekowe said:
    I think that "unknown album" was great idea, because users could see which track got bad scrobbles. Right now if someone want to delete bad scrobbles, he needs to click on every track in his library to find scobble without albums. We can delete individual scrobbles from the library and if we got "unknown album" clearing our library would be easier.

Why would you want to delete a scrobble just because it doesn't have an album? Isn't it better to wait until they give us the option to edit the album to which each scrobble is attached?

• Shiena schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Mär. 2012, 1:13
    Honestly, I kind of agree that the "unknown album" thing, although ugly, was pretty useful for easily seeing what tracks don't have album data. As for deleting them, I can understand that as well, because who knows how long it'll take, if it even happens at all, for album data to be editable. I imagine some would rather delete tracks (and probably re-scrobble them with proper tags) than wait for a solution which may or may not be forthcoming.

• BioMSU schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Mär. 2012, 12:11

Re: March 22nd site update

* We’ve done away with the much-disliked "unknown album" and tidied up the layout when a track is scrobbled from more than one album

It can be done even simplier.
    Today charts look like this.
    What about cleaner version with just one button:

• kanaala schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mär. 2012, 3:16
    Glad to hear unknown album is gone... but I actually already spent DAYS deleting all my unknown album tracks by going through my "recently listened tracks"... (I also tried using that "explore" feature but to be honest I think it doesn't work correctly. Whenever I use it I cannot see all the plays I scrobbled on that day [only a certain portion of it]. So this explore feature wasn't of much use to me in the process of deleting my unkown album plays...)

I lost about 25.000 scrobbles because of this unknown album crap and I am currently trying to get some of them back by relistening the songs (>-<) it's a whole bunch of work... but I hate having a messed-up library.

I just wish last.fm would have added this feature of being able to delete individual plays a little earlier... it would have saved me a lot of time.

I'd really appreciate if we could be able to edit track names / album manually one day. I understand though it's not clear if we will ever get this feature.

• kanaala said:
    Glad to hear unknown album is gone... but I actually already spent DAYS deleting all my unknown album tracks by going through my "recently listened tracks"... (I also tried using that "explore" feature but to be honest I think it doesn't work correctly. Whenever I use it I cannot see all the plays I scrobbled on that day [only a certain portion of it]. So this explore feature wasn't of much use to me in the process of deleting my unkown album plays...)

I lost about 25.000 scrobbles because of this unknown album crap and I am currently trying to get some of them back by relistening the songs (>-<) it's a whole bunch of work... but I hate having a messed-up library.

I just wish last.fm would have added this feature of being able to delete individual plays a little earlier... it would have saved me a lot of time.

I'd really appreciate if we could be able to edit track names / album manually one day. I understand though it's not clear if we will ever get this feature.

Indeed, there's a glitch on the "explore" page, it shows only one entry for each song per day, even if it was played multiple times.

About the deleted plays - do you know this feature? http://playground.last.fm/demo/undelete

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.