Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Remix - I'd love to have option to skip all remix music

• Peter3D schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 20. Mär. 2012, 11:01

Remix - I'd love to have option to skip all remix music

Hi,
    when I listen some smooth jazz or blues, I don't like to listen remix song versions that definitely belong to different category. However, there is no option to skip them automatically to a next song or musical stream. The "ban" button is useless for this, so there is only option to skip the remix song manually by "skip this track" button which is nuisance because you have to do it repeatedly over and over again every time the remix song is mixed in a music stream.
    I hope that I'm not alone in this and some simple solution can be done in short time. One of it is to have the Hate list (similar to love list) and all songs on it will be automatically skipped. I'm sure that this will help many others with other problems as well.

• Re: Remix - I'd love to have option to skip all remix music

Peter3D said:
    One of it is to have the Hate list (similar to love list) and all songs on it will be automatically skipped.
    That's exactly what the "ban" button is for actually. All tracks you use it one are compiled in a list and those tracks are never played to you in a radio again.

• Peter3D schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 20. Mär. 2012, 14:01
    I used "ban" button and the effect was not permanent ban because the the song was played again. If there are more tracks of the same song (different albums) it make a sense that the song can be played again. I'm using firefox plugin to play last.fm. Can there be a problem?
    Thanks.

• juepucta schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2012, 10:49
    Actually, this is yet another reason to have the 'negative' tag/label radio function. He could start a radio that would skip any tunes that had the word 'remix' in the title field. And voila.

-G.

PS: yeah yeah yeah i know about the other third party site, etc...

• headey schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2012, 11:40

Re: Re: Remix - I'd love to have option to skip all remix music

bengt_bangt said:
    That's exactly what the "ban" button is for actually. All tracks you use it one are compiled in a list and those tracks are never played to you in a radio again.
    possibly not quite never : http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/755094/_/15368966
    but a 'Hate' button would surely be almost indistinguishable from the 'ban'??

btw i
    'redirect' tracks seem to be un-bannable(I've lost the link)
    and some remixes get uploaded to the original/straight track page and banning that would mean never hearing the original artist version again.
    If that is the case you need to post on the forum
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713
    and hope some staffer will spot it.

btw ii
    a work round might be to use http://beta.combofm.de/ and specify 'Not' with the tag 'remix' - but I've had a few failures with the 'not' function on tags there so don't expect too much.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.