Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Profile Block

• Profile Block

If I don't have someone listed as a friend, why are they allowed to see my profile?
    Is there no way to not set up security so that it is not just recent activity?

While people like Headey are not an issue,
    there are malicious people out there that are.

Who my friends are and what I am listening to, shouldn't be able to be viewed by just anyone. Perhaps a Hide my profile option or ..... a paid subscriber feature?

If someone is on my ignore list...
    can they view my profile?

Having security issues, why I am asking.

On many social networks, if you tick on someones profile name let's say in the forum, unless you have permissions, not just anyone can view your profile. You have to get permission from the user first.

PLEASE
    MORE SECURITY

• If they are on your ignore list, it just means they can't send you pms or shouts. Also when they post you will only see they posted and not what they posted.
    It's a public forum, so they can't block who views it (I think I read somewhere). That's why I pm and not shout, for privacy.
    I also wish there were a way to block who can see our profile/friends and I'd pay more to get that feature.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
  • Profile Block

and...
    "Friends Only" also.

▲If atmosphere doesn't improve, I will never support here!▲

▲▲If you want to FRIENDS..PLEASE READ FIRST! - MOST IMPORTANT ↓↓↓▲▲

▲I DON'T WANT WIMPISH person who cannot talk with me!!▲
    • dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Mär. 2012, 14:24

Re: Profile Block

whole suggestion is against the whole ethos of the site. ie bad idea.

you are anonymous until you decide otherwise.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Apr. 2012, 9:01

as a subscriber, I would like more security as well...

There are those happy to socialize, those who take it to a stalking extreme as well, so I have found this being my second last account.

As a paying subscriber, I would like to have my library and everything I choose to have hidden for this reason. I can see who has visited that has logged into their last.fm accounts but all they have to do is log out and still be able to access my library, recent additions, playlists, etc. without "being seen".

Music is a personal thing - I don't enjoy being stalked.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Apr. 2012, 13:01
    the whole point of the site is that music is a public thing...

you're basically saying that you don't want anyone who isn't logged in to see your page, which is utterly ridiculous. on top of that you'd like to limit the people who can see your page while they are logged in, which is also pretty ridiculous.

the less any one thing is like facebook the better it is.

pretty sure they've said this isn't what they want the site to be.
    you worried about being stalked, talk to the mods, you are as anonymous as you like on here.

Auto Corrections Group
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Apr. 2012, 19:52
    @dankine, you have your opinion, mine opposes. I thought this forum was for the purpose of voicing opinions regarding subscriber options and concerns for the mods to mull over, I didn't know it was solely your territory - forgive me.

Obviously I am not alone in desiring privacy and further control of who sees what. I want last.fm recs, not to be hit on or stalked when I do something as trivial as adding a track to my playlists, love a track, etc. "Footprints" or traces if you will, are left everywhere.

Privacy SHOULD be an option *for those who desire it* - not necessarily for all.

"Forum nazi" elsewhere, please.

• Godwin's Law strikes again...

But seriously, please don't start any name calling, of course everybody should accept other people's opinions, not just in this forum, but everywhere on Last.fm (well, actually everywhere in life, really). :)

• chatterer schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Apr. 2012, 13:42
    @LeJazzy0213

+1

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • Re: Re: Profile Block

dankine said:
    whole suggestion is against the whole ethos of the site. ie bad idea.

you are anonymous until you decide otherwise.

This.

• Re: Profile Block

LeJazzy0213 said:
    If I don't have someone listed as a friend, why are they allowed to see my profile?
    Is there no way to not set up security so that it is not just recent activity?

While people like Headey are not an issue,
    there are malicious people out there that are.

Who my friends are and what I am listening to, shouldn't be able to be viewed by just anyone. Perhaps a Hide my profile option or ..... a paid subscriber feature?

If someone is on my ignore list...
    can they view my profile?

Having security issues, why I am asking.

On many social networks, if you tick on someones profile name let's say in the forum, unless you have permissions, not just anyone can view your profile. You have to get permission from the user first.

PLEASE
    MORE SECURITY

Agreed.
    and
    I want " I do not accept request, I choose my friend by myself" function.

▲If atmosphere doesn't improve, I will never support here!▲

▲▲If you want to FRIENDS..PLEASE READ FIRST! - MOST IMPORTANT ↓↓↓▲▲

▲I DON'T WANT WIMPISH person who cannot talk with me!!▲
  • There is no need for this. You are only as visible as you choose to be. If you want to remain anonymous then don't have any identifiable information on your profile.

• leighdobson said:
    There is no need for this. You are only as visible as you choose to be. If you want to remain anonymous then don't have any identifiable information on your profile.

i agree.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Jul. 2012, 21:31
    do love being called a nazi though :D

Auto Corrections Group
    • Jester-NL schrieb...
    • 18. Jul. 2012, 22:12
    dankine said:
    do love being called a nazi though :D
    Still?
    :P

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.