Forum » Feedback and Ideas

February 23rd site update

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 7. Mär. 2012, 14:53

Re: Library Pages

Couldtryharder said:
    Album disambiguation won't be done until we've finished work on Artist disambiguation, so it will probably come last of all.

This.

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Mär. 2012, 15:14
    cannot wait for that stuff to be started/having effect/done

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • dankine said:
    cannot wait for that stuff to be started/having effect/done

I hear you. Thanks for all your work documenting the issues, it's been really helpful for us.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Mär. 2012, 15:21
    not sure I've done much but everyone just wants to see a great service get better :)
    higher accuracy makes the music discovery and red etc (imo) will be that much better. good luck

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • Definitely liking the new library changes, with one major exception: Unknown Albums. I'm a very, very long time scrobbler (since mid-2004) and back then the site didn't grab the album information, so now I see Unknown Album for everything I listened to within the first few years here. That's a TON of music. Any chance of allowing manual corrections or simply not displaying Unknown Album if another album is listed already?

Also, would love to see a search feature for my own library at some point...

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Mär. 2012, 18:43
    Yeah, I'm desperately yearning for an album tag editing/merging function as well... but at least after this update, it's far more convenient to track down mistagged albums and tracks with the ''explore'' feature. So, thanks for that!

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Mär. 2012, 19:13
    By the way, I realize this has been said earlier, but I just wanted to voice my opinion about the new picture viewing mode... it's not that I don't like it, but upon adding new images, it's almost impossible to see whether or not a particular image has already been submitted. Since not all of the images that I usually add, are nessecarily new promo shots that one might be able to detected among the ''recently added''... this way, I'd have to browse them all in order to make sure.

Also, now that it's gone, I seem to realize that (for some reason) I've always enjoyed being able to see the info on which user uploaded a particular image and when this was done so, in one big overview under what would now be ''see all''... an option that in fact, does not display all. It does indeed seem to resemble Facebook a lot... which I hate, so maybe I don't very much like this new picture viewing mode after all.

• Dianora schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Mär. 2012, 2:42
    Thanks for the updates from the staff, I'm very much so looking forward to all of these upcoming album changes.

• onno schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Mär. 2012, 9:32
    Tnx for the update, good luck with the work!

" they said the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do "
  • Schander said:
    upon adding new images, it's almost impossible to see whether or not a particular image has already been submitted. ... this way, I'd have to browse them all in order to make sure.

You can still go to "see all" and order by "Recently Added", just like before.

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Mär. 2012, 22:12
    Couldtryharder said:
    Schander said:
    upon adding new images, it's almost impossible to see whether or not a particular image has already been submitted. ... this way, I'd have to browse them all in order to make sure.

You can still go to "see all" and order by "Recently Added", just like before.

Schander said:
    Since not all of the images that I usually add, are nessecarily new promo shots that one might be able to detected among the ''recently added''

I mean, what if I'd like to add a dated photo? One that might've already been submitted a long time ago.

• Schander said:
    I mean, what if I'd like to add a dated photo? One that might've already been submitted a long time ago.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem you are reporting.

The date of an image upload is clearly displayed along with the username of the person who uploaded it, next to the full size image. There are thumbnail galleries which can be sorted by recency, or popularity, for you to quickly scan the images to check if something is already there.

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mär. 2012, 1:07
    Well... previously, there was one big page (or several) that one could easily scout for images that might've already been submitted. Now, I either have to click on ''recently added'', which only displays the images submitted within a certain (what?) time-frame... or I'd have to browse them all one by one. So, in other words... if the time-frame of the ''recently added'' images were like say three months and the photo I'm about to add has already been submitted before that, I wouldn't be able to detect it unless I start browsing them all.

Of course, I realize it's not much of a big deal... but this way a shitload of duplicates are bound to be submitted.

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Mär. 2012, 23:01
    I just stumbled upon this:

I seem to have forgotten the pretty red indicators on the last one, but I'm referring to the double ''unknown album'' at almost every single track.

What's up with that?

• Dianora schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Mär. 2012, 3:24
    @Schander, not sure about the double Unknown Albums, but your double Icon albums for Benighted appears to be because some of your tracks scrobbled to a version of the album where the artist was listed as Various Artists instead of Benighted (hover your mouse over the album title to read where the link goes). It's been a long-known issue that some tracks get scrobbled to albums that are NOT what we have them tagged as, I am hoping that the above information from the staff about coming changes will allow us to fix that.

• Schander said:
    Well... previously, there was one big page (or several) that one could easily scout for images that might've already been submitted.

This page is still there: http://www.last.fm/music/Benighted/+images

Schander said:
    ''recently added'', which only displays the images submitted within a certain (what?) time-frame ... if the time-frame of the ''recently added'' images were like say three months ... I wouldn't be able to detect it unless I start browsing them all.

Clicking "recently added" does not impose a time-frame, it just changes the order of the images so that you see the most recent first. You still see all the available images.

The duplicate album names are related to the problems already discussed in this forum, we're releasing a fix next week.

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Mär. 2012, 18:31
    Dianora said:
    @Schander, not sure about the double Unknown Albums, but your double Icon albums for Benighted appears to be because some of your tracks scrobbled to a version of the album where the artist was listed as Various Artists instead of Benighted (hover your mouse over the album title to read where the link goes). It's been a long-known issue that some tracks get scrobbled to albums that are NOT what we have them tagged as, I am hoping that the above information from the staff about coming changes will allow us to fix that.

Couldtryharder said:
    The duplicate album names are related to the problems already discussed in this forum, we're releasing a fix next week.

Ah, thanks... I guess I must've missed that.

Couldtryharder said:
    Schander said:
    Well... previously, there was one big page (or several) that one could easily scout for images that might've already been submitted.

This page is still there: http://www.last.fm/music/Benighted/+images

Damn, I'm sorry... I suddenly realized it might had something to with a Stylish script, so I turned 'em all off one by one. I had a ''No adds'' script running, which apparently blocked the page selection buttons as well. I wanted to show you guys by means of another screen capture, but for some reason my PC won't let me make any more =\

• I'm glad I saw this thread!!... as I have been painstakingly going through my play history deleting "unknown album" from scrobbles from around 2006/early 2007 as they are pissing me off. I like the new style becuase now you can really see peoples favourite versions of tracks from specific albums etc. and it's overall more detailed. But UNKNOWN Album is annoying as 95% of my tags are perfect (i'm sad like that)

Does anybody know if it will be possible or is possible to change unknown album to the correct album manually? Or are last.fm gonna do that automatically which scares me tbh, i'd rather do it myself...

• star_shaped_man said:
    Does anybody know if it will be possible or is possible to change unknown album to the correct album manually? Or are last.fm gonna do that automatically which scares me tbh, i'd rather do it myself...

It's not currently possible to correct albums manually. I can't say anything definite about whether or not this will be possible in the future - it's one of a number of options that are under consideration.

• Schander schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Mär. 2012, 21:42
    Schander said:
    Damn, I'm sorry... I suddenly realized it might had something to with a Stylish script, so I turned 'em all off one by one. I had a ''No adds'' script running, which apparently blocked the page selection buttons as well. I wanted to show you guys by means of another screen capture, but for some reason my PC won't let me make any more =\

Whatever the cause of that latter issue was, it sorted itself out... and I guess I still wanted you guys to know I'm not a complete idiot.

"No ads..." script turned on:

"No ads..." script turned off:

Every single script turned off:

I have no idea as to why that ad on the far right, seems so offset that it converges with those images... but that would be the reason why they got cut off from sight, along with the page selection and upload buttons.

• Couldtryharder said:

It's not currently possible to correct albums manually. I can't say anything definite about whether or not this will be possible in the future - it's one of a number of options that are under consideration.

Manual correction would be an infinitely helpful feature, the system as it currently stands shows clearly that the website cannot deliver neat scrobbles on its own by some form of magical guesswork, it merely makes an irredeemable mess. PLEASE give us this feature as a matter of urgency.

शांति में, बहुत शक्ति है| अगर हम धैर्य रखते तो आचे हैं|
    • Saaaaiko schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Mär. 2012, 2:51
    Manual correction/tag editing/merging is a feature I'd be incredibly grateful for. Classical tags in particular are difficult enough to manage; it doesn't help that there is no absolute standard when tagging certain works, and even an off comma or space results in a mistagged scrobble, not to mention the album name, album artists, etc... All of that, due to my laziness when initially scrobbling classical tracks, ends me up with some generally chaotic artist pages in my library that I'd love to fix.

• "unknown album" - it's pissing me off too

• Re:Library Pages

Couldtryharder said:
    The Musicbrainz ingestion should happen in the next couple of weeks, but the others will take a bit longer.

Does this mean you will start importing information from MusicBrainz, regarding albums and tracklists?

• Better navigation/functions for listening history/song history/album history pages

I was told to post this here, so:

Since it has been stated we can't manually fix already scrobbled song tags, I'd at least like to have some more convenient methods of removing incorrect songs. So...

Adding a "jump to page #" field for scrobbled track pages(like this page: http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/tracks )
    Currently you can go one by one or to the complete end (or beginning) of the list of songs you've played.
    I find this very annoying when trying to delete a song in the middle of the list because of a typo (since we can't fix these).

Another option would be to add a delete button for a specific listen of a track (on a page like this: http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/library/music/Van+Halen/_/Unchained?rangetype=overall )
    Currently all it tells us is when we listened to it, but if I wanted to delete all the results before a certain date (since I fixed a typo), then I could either delete all listens of the song, or scroll through every page of my listening history to find that date.

My last and final suggestion would be to add a delete button for albums, deleting all listens of the songs scrobbled under that album, this would also help with fixing album name typos.
    This would help where I have fixed an album name like this (correct tag): http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/library/music/Megadeth/The+Big+Four%3A+Live+From+Sofia%2C+Bulgaria?sortOrder=desc&sortBy=plays&rangetype=overall

and this (wrong tag): http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/library/music/Megadeth/Live+From+Sofia%2C+Bulgaria?sortOrder=desc&sortBy=plays&rangetype=overall
    Simply add an "x" button or "remove from library button" at the top to the right of the album name to delete all scrobbles of that album.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.