Forum » Feedback and Ideas

What irritates you in last.fm development or lack of it these days?

• roomx schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 5. Jan. 2012, 19:26

What irritates you in last.fm development or lack of it these days?

Loved tracks Radio removed, Pisses me off.

Why was that such a good idea to remove that function. Really like my own loved radio, or listen to other peoples.

I don't really f.... like to f. swear, but WHY?

Something about: "ohh, by the way we removed this option, to be working on something about blah blah Facebook s... or other stuff".

Bl.. f.. This pisses me OFF.

I want last.fm to be last.fm. Look at what silly stuff at the http://playground.last.fm/ saying VIP forum.

The VIP sections are i.e. the following:
    * Audio Flowers and musical complexity (helping science, it reads
    * Balloon Race VIP (A visualisation of your 2010 listening as a balloon race.) WHAT 2010??!
    *Listening Clock VIP stupid

Other:
    *The scrobbler looks like a prorgram from 1998.
    *Discover dont work with Opera brower.
    *last.fm blog contains looooooong text bickering of interns and their puny problems for pages and pages on. and almost never updated
    *On the bottom of the last.fm page is STILL says (in what seems to be a positive voice?) "Best of 2010 <- hmm, is it not 2012?
    * Cant someone fix the fact that some albums are labeled (cd1) or cd1 or such, without it finding the album, could not be that hard to program.

What do you say, what is wrong with last.fm these days?

• holly75 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Jan. 2012, 19:54
    This site is only good for keeping stats anymore. Really, that's about it. I used to enjoy the forums, but they are pretty lame these days.

Use Spotify....it is excellent and it scrobbles to this site (all for free). You can "star" tracks that you love and it's the same thing as being able to play your loved tracks, as well as make your own playlists.

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
  • Not much. I don't use the radio or anything anyway so there's no real loss there. All I've ever been interested in is keeping a history of my plays and stuff and this is the best site out there for doing that.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Jan. 2012, 22:51
    I used last.fm a few years ago and there was a neighbours feature that showed your physcial neighbours as in by proximity, which was quite interesting. Where has that gone?

• keztricks schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Jan. 2012, 22:53
    Its the sheer lack of anything new that annoys me, theres no development whatsoever

"And in the end, the love you make, is equal to the love you make"

The Beatles are the greatest band to ever have existed, if you disagree, you are wrong.
    • Kennoth schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 2:21
    Lack of features, broken threads, misattributed tracks and artists.

Like Holly said, it's really only good for keeping stats. And spamming on forums, if you will.

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• Bearbeitet von TarantulaEyes am 4. Jun. 2012, 2:31
  • The radio functions well enough for the recommended artist. And playing your library upon occasion. Not that I use it much.

The browsing thing with the forums is a glitch I have noticed over the years that they have yet to correct. It usually happens in popular threads that have a lot of heavy traffic.

I use the last.fm player. It scrobbles all playable tracks for free. You can 'love' tracks. And actually play your loved tracks, or anyone's loved tracks for that matter.

The only problem I have with the site is when they have 'hardware problems' and the whole site goes down, or goes screwy for days at a time. When I first came online here the servers caught fire or some such calamity. You couldn't even log on here for three days....

And the 'upstream to the server failed'..message that pops up from time to time and the the " Go have a cup of tea while we sort things out' cracks me up. Somehow the guys working behind the scenes at this wonderful site have a sense of humor. :-)

• Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 4:10
    Being something of an open source enthusiast/advocate/guru, I'm not really into making demands. I believe in the old unix philosophy; one program to do one thing and do it well.

If you want to track your plays and discover new music based upon what other people with similar tastes are playing, this site does that well. That's all it really needs to do, as far as I'm concerned. It is a valuable service.

When I was growing up, if you weren't one of the hip kids you only knew what was on the radio. Websites like this are beneficial to music and music lovers in every way they should be.

• Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 10:26
    /moved to Feedback and Ideas

• headey schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 12:22
    Babs_05 said:
    /moved to Feedback and Ideas
    +1

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • The inability to play loved tracks annoys me, as does the fact that the only real thing you get out of subscribing now is continuous play. I don't care who has looked at my profile in the slightest.

I only subscribe to get continuous play at work, because it's annoying to have to unpause it every 30 minutes.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 16:50
    the idiot users.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 16:50
    annadoll2001 said:
    The inability to play loved tracks annoys me, as does the fact that the only real thing you get out of subscribing now is continuous play. I don't care who has looked at my profile in the slightest.

tag radio...

• headey schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 19:22
    annadoll2001 said:...I only subscribe to get continuous play at work, because it's annoying to have to unpause it every 30 minutes.Are you not allowed the lastfm scrobbler? No ads, no pauses.
    http://www.last.fm/download

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • justme- schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 21:24
    The scrobble concept needs a rethink- IMHO. I don't care how many times I listened to a song or artist, but if they want to track it, fine by me- after all I did consent to that by using the service...
    My gripe it the scrobble feature on the website adds everything to my library... Why?! If I wanted it in my library I'd add it myself (which leads to needing easier methods of adding currently playing artist and/or song to the library).
    It's terribly annoying to listen to a stream, or station and find everything now added to my library so now I have to overhaul my library deleting stuff so I'm not hearing stuff I don't want when listening to my library station. Of course I've now turned off the scrobble which defeats the purpose of the site to a point- they can't track my plays and adding the currently playing artist is a nightmare.
    Too many pop up windows for confirming- I know I clicked add to my library 1 confirm popup is enough, I don't need the "OK" popup after.

• Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2012, 23:05
    justme- said:
    The scrobble concept needs a rethink- IMHO. I don't care how many times I listened to a song or artist, but if they want to track it, fine by me- after all I did consent to that by using the service...
    My gripe it the scrobble feature on the website adds everything to my library... Why?! If I wanted it in my library I'd add it myself (which leads to needing easier methods of adding currently playing artist and/or song to the library).
    It's terribly annoying to listen to a stream, or station and find everything now added to my library so now I have to overhaul my library deleting stuff so I'm not hearing stuff I don't want when listening to my library station. Of course I've now turned off the scrobble which defeats the purpose of the site to a point- they can't track my plays and adding the currently playing artist is a nightmare.
    Too many pop up windows for confirming- I know I clicked add to my library 1 confirm popup is enough, I don't need the "OK" popup after.

Replace user and try again.

• pbruneau schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jan. 2012, 8:02
    I already mentionned this issue on the Android thread - but as an unsubscriber, my feedback was asked by a bot. So here it is.

Except from scrobbling, the android app is pretty much useless, even for subscribers - when iphone users access full radio station features.

Apparently, this is due to some obscure legal issues outside US, UK and germany. That have been going on for over at least 18 months. By the way, US, UK and germany users seem to access the feature without even needing a subscription. Perfectly fair, of course.

At least, if the radio features weren't accessible only while on 3G, I would see some kind of logic. But I don't see why the f**k I wouldn't legally access these features while at home on wifi ! This is exactly equivalent to using a PC with a web browser then.

I like the last.fm concept, but under these circumstances, I wouldn't be able to support it without feeling a strong rip off taste.

• http://www.last.fm/help/faq?category=104#508
    Google Android - free app; radio only available to subscribers in US, UK and Germany
    Apple iPhone - free app; radio only available to subscribers in US, UK and Germany

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
  • For me, it looks like dealing with disambiguation of artists with the same name just keeps getting pushed to the back of the list while the developers work on mobile stuff and integrating with Facebook / Spotify / Juno and others.

• roomx schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 8. Jan. 2012, 2:35

yes

So, I still pay, but why should I continue, getting less & less...

I been paying for some years, also paying for some friends, but maybe a good idea to listen to your users?

Like a newspaper, at any given day, you will have no suscribers left...

And remember, we like www.last.fm , we REALLY like it, else we would not post here...

• headey schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jan. 2012, 13:37

Re: yes

roomx said:
    Like a newspaper, at any given day, you will have no suscribers left...
    I know how you feel, but I guess lastfm has its accountants with all the figures at their fingertips. They must know that to allow users more control they'd have to pay the labels far more than any expected increase in revenue.

For what lastfm provides for free I'm quite happy to suffer a few adverts & I've just about come to terms with the lack of playable playlists etc.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
  • A delete station option...this driving me crazy

I added a chrsitmas tag station for christmas and now i have no idea how to get rid of it. Really? would it be so hard to add a remove station button on xbox live. I have stopped using Lastfm becuase i dont want to hear christmas music in my mix. It's just dumb.

• Wilwa schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jan. 2012, 18:25

Re: A delete station option...this driving me crazy

muzzlefla5h said:
    I added a chrsitmas tag station for christmas and now i have no idea how to get rid of it. Really? would it be so hard to add a remove station button on xbox live. I have stopped using Lastfm becuase i dont want to hear christmas music in my mix. It's just dumb.

In settings there is a way to disable Christmas music. Don't know if it'll work with the Xbox though.

• Yep, I use tag radio and no, we aren't allowed to download the scrobbler. Partly solved, but honestly, what do we get other than uninterrupted play for subscribing?

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.