Forum » Development Discussion

Cue/Playlist Batch Scrobbling

• oruwu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Jan. 2011, 8:28

Cue/Playlist Batch Scrobbling

Is their a solution to scrobbling an entire .cue file or playlist file through a 3rd party program?

I listen to a lot of podcast radio shows and would like to scrobble the individual tracks from the shows, instead of just the overall show title. (For example, Trance Around the World with Above & Beyond is a 2 hour podcast, typically with ~20 songs). My current solution is quite tedious - I find a cue file (from cuenation.com, play the cue in winamp with a plug-in and listen to each track, although this is frustrating because iPod's don't read cue files, so you cannot scrobble the individual tracks until you get to your computer, and then the only way to do it is to "listen" to the cue file in winamp). My second bootlegged way to scrobble these cues is to use Universal Scrobbler and type in each of the tracks, but this is moderately tedious. In my perfect world, there would be a way to submit all the tracks in the .cue file for scrobbling... does this exist?

Also, in the same vein, if the Last.fm application does not catch playcounts for some reason or another... it would be handy to be able to scrobble an entire playlist. (the reason the Last.fm software doesn't happen to catch the playcountsisn't the issue, it just happens regardless of any precautions you can take because iTunes is a honky piece of software). Since iTunes does fingerprint tracks, you can take the most recently played songs (the ones the scrobbler missed) and add them to a playlist, and "listen" to the playlist in order to make sure they all scrobble. But in order to save time, would there be a way to scrobble directly from an exported m3u playlist file exported from iTunes (or any other software, for that matter). This would be very handy and help keep stats as accurate as possible!

If you have any leads or ideas, please let me know!

• Re: Cue/Playlist Batch Scrobbling

yes you have now the answer
    look for "CUE Music Player Pro" on Apple App Store

• oruwu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jun. 2011, 21:13

@Walter_yaron

Your application does not feature anything to solve my issue of being able to scrobble a cue file. There are already options to play from a cue file, but thank you for your input...

• Skiye schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 17. Jun. 2011, 17:35
    maybe on vlc? never tried it though, but vlc can stream and supports scrobbling and cue files...

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 20. Jun. 2011, 13:34
    vlc has no gapless playback and therefor eliminates the sense of CUE...
    Use foobar2000 :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • oruwu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Mär. 2012, 23:38

Still looking for a solution.

I now cannot use the cueplayer plugin, since it is not maintained and does not work with the current version of Winamp. So now I use Universal Scrobbler to manually enter all my scrobbles of the podcasts and radio shows.

Skiye and tburny, your answers are completely useless.

• Solution

Please check out this link. I am not sure if it will work.
    [Moderation ausstehend]

[Moderation ausstehend]
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.