Forum » Development Discussion

Can I use last.fm to modify my id3 tags?

• Can I use last.fm to modify my id3 tags?

When I first started getting *REALLY* specific about my mp3 tagging system, I decided that using a broad approach with genres would work best.

I basically ended up with these genres:

Rock
    Industrial
    Metal
    EBM
    Gothic
    Punk
    Soundtrack

Ya know, that kinda stuff.

But all too often, I find myself wishing I could make better usage of the genre tag to sort what kind of music I want to play, especially on devices which have very inferior playlist or navigation options, such as my PS3. I mean, let's say I want to listen to metal and just hit shuffle.....There are times where I'm like, YEAH, not that kinda metal, I want this kinda metal.

You know what I mean.

I normally use mp3tag to edit the tags of any new albums I put on my computer, and it works great if imported one album at a time. But I can't, or don't know how, to use it's tag generating option with my entire library. It pulls tags off amazon, and the genre tag is almost always not even added.

I like last.fm. I especially like it's genre system.

Is there an application that can use last.fm's extensive genre library to modify my genre tags? I don't need it to alter the artist/album/song tags, just the genre, so if it is configurable, all the better.

"Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing. Visible forms are not inherent in the world, but are granted by the act of seeing. Though the world and events do exist independent of the mind, they possess no meaning in themselves - none that the mind is not guilty of imposing on them."
    • tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 26. Dez. 2011, 7:15
    Maybe you can try searching http://build.last.fm :) Your question arises from time to time and I'm sure someone programmed something nice for that.

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • psycho21r schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Dez. 2011, 17:59
    I think MusicBee had a feature similar to the one you were describing in your post.

music makes me happy.
    • Sophy01 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Jan. 2012, 9:07

[spam]

[spam]

Bearbeitet von foreverautumn am 21. Jan. 2012, 10:28
    • liftarn schrieb...
    • Wiki Moderator
    • 25. Jan. 2012, 10:53
    Please do yourself and Last.fm a favour and fix your tags. The easiest way is to use Musicbrainz Picard.
    Check out my label, Antzhill
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.