Forum » Web Site Support

Missing Artists in A-Z Library View

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2010, 8:57

Missing Artists in A-Z Library View

Every artist name newly added to the site does not appear in the A-Z index. Such a bug was once fixed here but it started again roughly 2 months ago.

• Thanks for flagging that, someone is going to take a look again.

• @Hodgestar - can you give me some specific examples and I will look into it.

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2010, 12:49

examples:

- Phylosophy on page 149
    - Cameron Beasley on page 30
    - Salisa Barbosa on page 164 and various others from this compilation.

• Cool, thanks for those, will take a look

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Jul. 2010, 10:32
    thanks! the page numbers have changed, of course. if that helps, i think this started again after evilrix announced a database update back in april.

• OK, not sure exactly what caused this but it should be fixed now. I've also built a tool which will make fixing this much faster in future. Let me know if it works for you, and also if you see it happen again in future.

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Jul. 2010, 12:06
    yes, what ever you did it worked. seems that they are all back again. thank you.

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Aug. 2010, 9:19
    unfortunately, it's still not fixed. new examples are Disco Zee, Luc Z, DJ Alex Wildfire, ...

• Gah, OK, I'll take another look, we've had lots of fun with our global database the last 2 weeks so that might have something to do with this.

• Should be sorted (again). Feel free to PM me in future if you see this happening again...

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Aug. 2010, 13:19
    ok, i'll do that. thank you. ...i wonder if it is just my profile that's affected.

• No, it's not just you, you're just scrobbling too many new artists ;)

• HodgeStar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Aug. 2010, 15:54
    i see ;) ....another reason might be that i'm one of the few who actually use the A-Z feature. It needs improvement. Searching for something specific in the library is way too slow. and the workaround using the global backlinks "x plays in your library" is counterintuitive. just saying.

and btw, a jump to a certain letter on the A-Z index always lands one or two pages before that letter.

i say that here because such small things probably don't deserve a new thread.

• Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 4. Okt. 2010, 11:36
    HodgeStar said:
    and btw, a jump to a certain letter on the A-Z index always lands one or two pages before that letter.

i say that here because such small things probably don't deserve a new thread.
    Hodgestar - my library A-Z is doing something similar. If I click on a letter, where before I'd land where it's supposed to, now it's a good few pages off. Not sure when it started but not that long ago. I didn't start a new thread for the same reason as you. :)

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Okt. 2010, 11:53
    HodgeStar, Babs - I've filed a request to fix the not-quite-correct A-Z shortcuts for large libraries.

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 4. Okt. 2010, 12:43
    This has happened to me many times as well :)

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Nov. 2010, 13:35
    We've just released a fix for the not-quite-correct A-Z shortcuts. So when browsing your library in A-Z mode, clicking a letter of the alphabet will definitely take you to the correct page, no matter how large or diverse your library might be!

• StudleyUK said:
    We've just released a fix for the not-quite-correct A-Z shortcuts. So when browsing your library in A-Z mode, clicking a letter of the alphabet will definitely take you to the correct page, no matter how large or diverse your library might be!
    Works for me now. Thanks.

• rwitte schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 2. Nov. 2010, 20:50
    Checked that it worked on my library but not on the largest library that I know of (epi_gee).

• Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 2. Nov. 2010, 22:04
    Looked at a few randomly in my library. Works for the most part. Letters E and S slightly off, because the previous letter had one item left, which probably isn't enough to trigger E or S. (see my library to see what I mean).

Anyway, it's just a niggle. Vast improvement. Thanks!

• Off by one pagination bug still present. Check out "D, H, V, X, Z, #, *" in my own lib as example.

If clicked index lines up as 1st or 2nd entry on page, page -1 is displayed incorrectly.

• It works on every letter of my library. But it is blank on pages of this user library: Creativeuphoria. (Try C and D etc.)

I notice a very small error on the O page of my library (two O markers).

• JustSomeOldJoe said:
    Off by one pagination bug still present. Check out "D, H, V, X, Z, #, *" in my own lib as example.

If clicked index lines up as 1st or 2nd entry on page, page -1 is displayed incorrectly.
    Strike that... it's just occurring when the entry lines up as 1st entry on page (page -1 is displayed).

Thought the fact that Z page was incorrectly shown might be same issue, but Sliders' examples prove that's not the case. Rather, the Z entry in my own lib (which is missing marker as well) is more likely attributed to the first char Diacritic.

Happy hunting.

• Benutzer
    • 2. Nov. 2010, 22:59
    Thanks for the examples - I shan't be hunting them personally, but I am prepared to be shot as the messenger when I pass this information on!

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.