Forum » Web Site Support

"Last seen" parameters changed?

• "Last seen" parameters changed?

For as long as I've used the site, the "Last seen" part of the profile only updates upon logging in, or if a user visits his or her own profile page. Browsing other parts of the site never caused it to update.
    However I've noticed over the past few days that it will update based on the time of my first page visit, be it an artist/track page, or another user's profile etc. then will not update for another few hours, regardless whether I visit my own profile or not during that time.
    Is this a deliberate change or an error?

• 9Nails schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 3. Mai. 2012, 22:12
    I'm wondering about the same thing. Why the change?

Left with a trace of all that was.
    And all that could have been.
  • Going by the cavalcade of replies I'll just settle with "It was a deliberate change but we hoped you wouldn't find out."

• We did change this a few weeks ago, basically so we'd have a better idea of when users browsed the site last. This helps us in a number of ways, for example sending re-activation emails and stats tracking to name a couple.

• 9Nails schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 5. Mai. 2012, 1:57
    Well, I think it sucks. It's a mess. Says I was last seen 2-3 hrs ago / yesterday, while the fact is I just logged on.

Left with a trace of all that was.
    And all that could have been.
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.