Forum » Web Site Support

VEVO videos and scrobbling.

• Porsche27 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Mär. 2012, 12:23

VEVO videos and scrobbling.

Hi,

I haven't been on Vevo for a little while, but have just visited and it all looks different.
    I used to be able to connect the videos to Last.fm and scrobble them. I can't work out how to do this now.

Do the videos not scrobble anymore?

Thanks in advance, Kev.

• dizzydjc schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 17. Mär. 2012, 17:42
    They do, but it's annoying as you have to keep enabling the scrobbles each time you log in. I hope they get that fixed! You do it through the main settings page.

• Porsche27 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Mär. 2012, 11:15

I didn't have to log in before.... It only says log in through Facebook now, and I may be the only person on the planet not to have a Facebook account :-(

(No, I don't want one either!)

Thanks for your help....I'll have to see if you can log in some other way maybe?

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 18. Mär. 2012, 13:39
    @Porsche27 - I see what you mean. I hadn't visited VEVO for a while either, and the site has changed considerably. There is nothing on the new site that indicates how to set up scrobbling, and only a casual nod to the CBS music group in the FAQ. (I also don't use facebook, and won't be logging onto VEVO that way.)

Scrobbling still seems to be enabled on the old style embedded videos on the last.fm site - like here. As @dizzydjc says, you often have to reconnect VEVO to your apps page. (It also has an annoying habit of including the artist name in the track name.)

Perhaps sending a note to VEVO might be appropriate?

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 18. Mär. 2012, 16:29
    You probably did scrobble these videos from within Last.fm, as snyde1 says. We have never been able to scrobble from VEVO in the UK, it's USA and Canada only, as far as I know. http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/631652

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 18. Mär. 2012, 20:57
    Babs_05 said:
    You probably did scrobble these videos from within Last.fm, as snyde1 says. We have never been able to scrobble from VEVO in the UK, it's USA and Canada only, as far as I know. http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/631652
    Really? You should be able to play from the UK, now. (See first FAQ.) If you can play, you can scrobble.

The VEVO site used to have a player exactly the same as the one currently on the last.fm site. It now looks different.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Porsche27 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Mär. 2012, 20:15
    Babs_05 said:

No, I'm from the U.K. and the only way I ever scrobbled tracks from VEVO was on their site. I used to have a playlist and never had to sign up.

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 5. Apr. 2012, 4:28
    Anyone have more information on this?

• Hi Everyone, we know that Vevo are making some changes to the video player technology, and we're working with them to make sure Last.fm users can continue to scrobble.

There are no plans to stop scrobbling from Vevo videos, as far as we know.

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 5. Apr. 2012, 23:46
    Great! Thanks for the info.

• Porsche27 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Jun. 2012, 14:47
    There are no plans to stop scrobbling from Vevo videos, as far as we know.

But, they have stopped scrobbling from the Vevo site.

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 24. Jun. 2012, 14:24
    I just played a Vevo video on Last.fm (Temporary Resident) and noticed that it uses the new (non scrobbling) player.

There may not be plans to stop scrobbling Vevo, but the implementation has happened B-)

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.