Forum » Web Site Support

Rhapsody Vs Rhapsody Of Fire

• Clurr_x schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Mär. 2012, 10:36

This one is a complicated one. The band were originally called Rhapsody, but due to legal reasons had to change their name. The name they chose was Rhapsody Of Fire. Since this time, the band have performed and released material under the banner of Rhapsody Of Fire.

Up until last week or so on Last FM, all Rhapsody material was auto-corrected to Rhapsody Of Fire. Some fans didn't like this and proclaim all old material HAS to be scrobbled as Rhapsody and will turn off their auto-correct, hence the result of 2 pags for the same band. The majority seem to be of the opinion that the bands new name takes precedence.

Is there a way to get the pages merged again? I now have 2 artists for the same band on my charts which is annoying as they are the same band - I do confess to be a bit of a Last FM OCD, so it really bugs me! haha.

Oh and this issue is due to add even more confusion as the band split in two and one is taking the Rhapsody name and the other members the Rhapsody Of Fire name!

• Re: Rhapsody Vs Rhapsody Of Fire

Clurr_x said:

Oh and this issue is due to add even more confusion as the band split in two and one is taking the Rhapsody name and the other members the Rhapsody Of Fire name!
    So basically there are now two different bands with these names? I guess no matter what their previous history was, just because of that they shouldn't be merged (or more likely one redirected to the other)

• Clurr_x schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Mär. 2012, 20:39
    Sorry for the confusion! I'll see if I can simplify it a bit. It is really confusing to explain.

1993-2006 Band starts off as Rhapsody
    2006 - Band changes name to Rhapsody Of Fire due to legal reasons.
    2011 - Band announces "Friendly Split" with one side continuing under the Rhapsody Of Fire name, and the other forming a new Rhapsody band. No one is really sure whether this band will take the title of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody or just Rhapsody on its own. Luca Turilli was the lead guitarist in Rhapsody Of Fire. They haven't released any material yet, but an album is due in the summer I believe.

I guess I was just wondering why the auto-correct suddenly disappeared for the band? All Rhapsody material used to be auto-corrected to Rhapsody Of Fire. People who didn't like this switched off their auto-correct and scrobbled the same band separately depending on the albums they were listen to. So pre name change releases were scrobbled as Rhapsody, new stuff as Rhapsody Of Fire. Others, like myself, just allowed the auto-correct to work its magic and had it all scrobbled under the one band. Will the auto-correct be coming back, or was it decided it was best to keep the two "eras" separate?

Thanks for your response. :-)

• Clurr_x schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Mär. 2012, 20:41
    Rhapsody and Rhapsody Of Fire are the same band. But because of the legal issues any new releases from 2006 to the present day are released as Rhapsody Of Fire. :-)

• Complicated Problem.
    I hope, Last.fm changes the Problem again, so that Rhapsody and Rhapsody of Fire are the same. And the People who don't want it that Way, they turn off Auto-Correct. And all are Happy^^

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Apr. 2012, 19:59
    I agree with the thread starter. I also have two artists as Rhapsody and Rhapsody of Fire which is really annoying. Please merge!!!!!!

• mitth77 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Apr. 2012, 23:15
    I agree too :3
    MERGE!

• I tag them as Rhapsody of Fire and I think it would make more sense if they got merged.

• jewellalw schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2012, 9:36

[spam]

[spam]

Bearbeitet von foreverautumn am 24. Apr. 2012, 9:15
    • MATI9630 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2012, 10:34
    +1 for merging

/\ true /\
  • I'd suggest leaving these uncorrected, for the reason that there are now two bands creating separate releases.

• MATI9630 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Apr. 2012, 13:04
    Actually, the "Rhapsody" is "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody", so no.

/\ true /\
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Apr. 2012, 23:28
    FIX THIS PLEASE

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.