Forum » Web Site Support

Regularly getting - Not available in your Country, with a Marantz NA7004 from the UK

• h8884190 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jan. 2012, 13:08

Regularly getting - Not available in your Country, with a Marantz NA7004 from the UK

Hello, last.fm;

I'm regularly getting the 'Not available in your country' message upon initial connection to last.fm on my marantz NA7004 device from the UK.

I have to retry connecting 2 or 3 times before it connects correctly and logs me in.

There's a couple of threads on this forum already related to the marantz NA7004, but they seem to be related to; sorry you really are in the wrong country, whereas I'm in the UK where this service is available.

Some technical details;

I am a subscriber and physically located in the UK, using a UK ISP (virgin media).
    Marantz list the NA7004 as compatible with last.fm for the UK.

I'm not using any proxy and the IP address my cable modem gets is virtually static and is presumably within the Virgin Media UK IP block for any Geolocation lookups that last.fm is doing.

I'm also using the Virgin Media DNS servers in the Marantz. device. (But i'm using then OpenDNS DNS servers in my network router.)

As of the initial post date I have the latest Marantz firmware available installed on the device.

If a last.fm staff member PM's me I will provide the IP address the box is connecting from so that you can check any network logs last.fm may have for tracing this kind of thing.

I'm going to see if I can get some network traces within my network to see why its failing to connect the first couple of tries.

Suggestions.....?

Thanks

• regmyers schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Feb. 2012, 14:02

Me Too!

Just downloaded and installed the Marantz upgrade and now I'm yet again getting the not available in your country message - I'm using a linksys wireless bridge to connect to me BT HomeHub. What a pain!

• Hey,

If you're getting this after a firmware update from Marantz it's likely it's an issue their end. Try contacting their Customer Support.

-Matt

• h8884190 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Feb. 2012, 20:23
    I never did end up doing the network traces, and I've only just had an firmware update from marantz in the last few days.

The issue seems to be variable based of the time of day, sometimes I'll switch the unit on and it'll authenticate first time and go into my library and at other times it'll take 2 or 3 authenication attempts before it will connect.
    It does seem to have improved over jan/feb , which covers a period in which I had no firmware updates from marantz.

From that I can only assume that its a primarily a loading issue on the last.fm authentication servers possibly combined with the marantz unit not waiting long enough for the authentication attempts to complete.

I'm leaning more towards it being primarily a last.fm issue though as when there was that network issue around 28th dec 2011 (I think that's the right date), that was supposed to be an issue around *uploads*, the unit wouldn't connect at all, tried 10 to 15 times, in the end I just switched it off, left it 12 hours and the next day when I switched it on it connected first time.

Knapster01, if your still interested I'll do some wireshark network traces and send them to you?

• That would be very handy if you could PM them to me. :)

• h8884190 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Mär. 2012, 21:51
    PM sent.

• Marantz NR 1602 - unable to receive intermittently in the UK

Hi - is there a further update on this, as I am having an identical problem (based in the UK, static IP, and I get intermittent problems with authentication, with the message stating that the service is not available in my country), I use o2 as my ISP, but have not noticed any particular times of say when this issue occurs, also I do have the latest available firmware.

As with h8884190, I'm happy to provide any information needed to troubleshoot, as this does seem to have got worse recently, and I have tried via Marantz support as well, but this does seem more last.fm related.

Cheers

• h8884190 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Apr. 2012, 20:56
    I've not heard anything back from last.fm since I sent the info about the network traces through on the 1st of March.

I'm guessing small last.fm team + issue which is only affecting a tiny percentage of users = very low priority issue, if it gets looked at at all.

• Weirdly enough - since posting this, my Marantz & last.fm have worked perfectly - and I have made zero changes to anything...

• nonikkas schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Mai. 2012, 9:39

My new Marantz M-CR603 - Subscription required

Like others with Marantz hardware, I get assorted messages from "Not available in your country" to "Subscription Required".

I'm UK based and happily listening to last.fm via PC with a free subscription.

I get invalid username/password if I put in the wrong password so I assume the authentication piece works at least. I'm a little confused about the need for a subscription in the UK - is that still free or only for PC based access now?

I also notice Marantz is not currently listed on the hardware pages. Is this an oversight or a change no-one has told Marantz about?

I've enjoyed and recommended last.fm for a number of years so it was a big plus to go for the Marantz. This is disappointing. :-(

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Mai. 2012, 10:19
    you need a sub for mobile streaming, which is what those a decreed to be.

• nonikkas schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Mai. 2012, 20:45
    dankine said:
    you need a sub for mobile streaming, which is what those a decreed to be.

so it seems. I bit the dollar bullet and it works (occasional glitch connecting but usually works 2nd attempt)

thanks dankine

• I am a user from Belgium (paying last.fm member) having the same problem. 9 out of 10 times, I get the "not available in your country" message, but on the other hand the NA7004 succeeds very well in transmitting every CD title I listen to (from my local NAS) to last.fm!

Best,
    Wim

• amatala schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 15. Jun. 2012, 14:51
    Yeah - same problem here with my Marantz AV7005 Pre/Processor - very similar implementation to the NA7004 when it comes to network streaming (either from local uPnP/DLNA server or Internet Radio.

I am a paying last.fm user from Belgium and getting the "not available in your country" message quite a lot... Sometimes it randomly works for a very short time...

Scrobbling is working perfectly at all times though...

• It shouldn't work in Belgium at all. Streaming via these devices is only available in the US, UK and Germany.

• amatala schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 15. Jun. 2012, 17:23
    Cool! Then I should be happy when it works and not tell anyone about it! ;-)

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.